Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fraternity Boy of the Month

The fraternity boy of the month is Nicholas Charles Blum. He is an active member of the Sigma Chi fraternity at Illinois State University. DTF interviewed him on October 1, 2008.

Tell me about yourself:

I was born on December 1, 1985. I am 22 years old. Currently, I am a “super” senior at Illinois State University. I am majoring in Psychology and I also have a minor in Business Administration. I was born in Oak Lawn, IL and I was raised in Tinley Park, IL. I attended Victor J. Andrew High School. For my future, I plan on having a human resources career. However, before I start my career, I wish to travel. I would like to see Europe and Mexico. However, that might not be possible because I don’t have the money for that right now.

I am currently single. I don’t want to settle yet. I haven’t met anyone worth settling down with. In regards to my family, I have two younger sisters. One of my younger sisters is Jennifer Elizabeth Blum. She is 20 years old and is a junior at Illinois State University. My other younger sister is Stephanie Marie Blum. She is 18 years old and is currently a senior at Victor J. Andrew High School.

What kind of girl would you like to date?

I don’t have much of a preference in regards to looks. I mean, I don’t care if they are a blonde or brunette. It really makes no difference. However, I probably would steer away from redheads though. I also like them to be skinny. Better yet, I want her to be “fit.” I also don’t like the girl to be super tan or super “pasty.” Something in the middle would be good.

In regards to personality, I want her to be easy to get along with. The girl doesn’t have to smoke cigarettes but they need to, at least, drink. I also prefer if they put out by the third date. When I say “put out,” I mean when the girl, at least, touches the “wiener.”

Do you have any pets?

I have two pets. I have a cat named Steve. I also have a dog named Julie. I like naming my pets with people’s names.

What kind of vices do you have?

I drink too much and I smoke a lot of cigarettes. I like dark beers and light beers. For light beers, I like Miller Lite. For dark beers, I like Guinness and Warsteiner. In regards to cigarettes, I prefer Marlboro Lights.

At Illinois State University, my favorite bars are Fat Jacks, Rhino’s on Bad Music Night and Maggie Riley’s Irish Pub. At home, my favorite bars are Cans and Sam Maguire’s.

What are your favorite television shows?

My favorite shows are the Shield, 24, Entourage and Curb your Enthusiasm. I like the Shield because it has a lot of action and I like the plot. Same with 24. I like Entourage because the show is funny. I love Curb your Enthusiasm because that show is hilarious.

What extra curricular activities were you involved in high school?

I was in track and field for one year. I did the 100 and 200-meter sprint. I was also in a band. I played the guitar. My band’s name is the Nick Blum Experience. No joke. It was named after me because I have amazing guitar skills. You know it.

Tell me about your experiences in the Greek community:

I am currently an active member of the Sigma Chi fraternity. I joined in the fall of 2004, my freshman year. My pledge class is named Alpha Tau. I joined Sigma Chi because I wanted to meet new people in college. I chose Sigma chi because it had the best people.

No comments: